January has to be the most depressing month of the year.
Christmas over, all spent up, waiting for pay day and nothing to watch on TV except weight loss and bake-off programmes.
Add to that freezing weather and dark nights and it’s fair to say you need something fun to lift your spirits.
Geordies love a good laugh and so it’s no surprise the city is full of comedy clubs and pubs holding open mic events.
The staff at our Newcastle city centre Hotel have recommended their Super-Six comedy clubs in Newcastle, so if you are staying in Toon get your laughing boots on and gan canny!
- The Stand Comedy Club – Newcastle’s newest comedy club
- The Hyena Café – one of the city’s longstanding venues for mirth slap bang in the city centre
- The Grinning Idiot Comedy Club – with venues across the North East, the Grinning Idiot is guaranteed to deliver a laugh
- The Suggestibles – brilliant improvisational comedy troupe that gig at venues around Newcastle, check their website for a gig diary.
- Live Stand Up – Newcastle’s Live Theatre regularly hosts stand up nights with top class North East comedians.
- The Mill Volvo Tyne Theatre – regularly hosts big name comics like North East favourite Sarah Millican and American comic Reginald D Hunter.
If you have any recommendations for great comedy clubs in Newcastle, we’d like to hear them. You can post them in the reply box below or on our Facebook at www.facebook.com/sleeperzhotels